You will have an hour to answer 50 questions in multiple choice format. you can also download the LVL 2 Wine Systematic Approach to Tasting (SAT).
Below you will find a sample of questions similar to what you'll find on the LVL2 Wine exam. WEI students have access to many questions with grading and scoring in their student portal.
Which is in Tuscany?
Gavi is typically
- full bodied, tannic red wine
- made from grapes dried in sheds
- light bodied, acidic white wine
- made from sugar cane
Which is true?
- Rose wines are usually fermented at lower temperatures than red wines.
- White wines are only made from white grapes
- Red wines are usually pressed before fermentation
- Rose wines tend to have more tannins that red wines.
A 20 year old Tawny Port would be
- sweet with flavors of blackberry and plum
- dry with aromas of nuts and forest
- sweet with flavors of nuts and dried fruit
- to old to drink
Which of these is a still, sweet, fortified white wine?
- Moscato dAsti
- Tokaj (Aszu)
- Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise
Chateaunef-du-Pape is in the
- Rhone Valley
- Hunter Valley
- Loire Valley
- Uco Valley
South Africa's premier Pinot Noir region is
- Walker Bay
- Yarra Valley
To increase tannin in wine you can
- Add press wine to the free-run wine
- reduce the number of punch downs
- use egg whites
- mature the wine in stainless steel
Muscadet is known for being
- sweet and fortified
- dry and fortified
- dry and unoaked
- oaky and deeply colored
A typical Gewurztraminer aroma is
- ripe strawberry
LVL 2 Wine Sample Questions & Tips
LVL 2 Spirits Sample Questions
LVL 3 Wine Sample Multiple Choice Questions
LVL3 Wine Short Answer
LVL3 Wine Tasting Tips