You will have an hour to answer 50 questions in multiple choice format. You can also download the LVL 2 Spirits Systematic Approach to Tasting (SAT).
Below you will find a sample of questions similar to what you'll find on the LVL2 Spirits exam. WEI students have access to many questions with grading and scoring in their student portal.
The process of making tequila and mezcal is (in order)
- cooking, formulation, ageing distillation
- formulation, cooking, crushing, distillation
- crushing, cooking, distillation, formulation
- cooking, crushing, formulation, fermentation
The Lincoln County Process is
- A cocktail with rum and bitters
- The use of partially malted barley
- Filtering through sugar maple charcoal
- Reducing ABV with pure water
Starch in grain becoming sugar is
Triple pot distilled spirits with unmalted barley is traditional for
- Irish Whiskey
- Scotch Whisky
- Tennessee Whiskey
- Japanese Whislkey
Which one of the following spirits is used to make a Daiquiri?
Which is not a potential base for spirits?
What is Rhum Agricole?
- Rum made from sugar cane juice
- The controlling body for rum regulations
- A rum cocktail originally from Havanna
- Planting cane in rows to make rum production easier
Espadin is often used in
- Flavored Liqueurs
- Blanche Armagnac
- Home of Cachaca
- a type of oak barrel
- a grape growing region in Armagnac
- at least 10 year old Cognac
Which of the following is a legal term for an aged tequila?
LVL 2 Wine Sample Questions & Tips
LVL 2 Spirits Sample Questions
LVL 3 Wine Sample Multiple Choice Questions
LVL3 Wine Short Answer
LVL3 Wine Tasting Tips