Certificate in Tequila Level 1
Tequila is going through an explosion in growth! Come learn why and how this is happening.
- Denomination of Origin â€“ states & regulations
- NOM Number
- Classifications â€“ blanco, joven, reposado, aÃ±ejo, extra aÃ±ejo
- Categories â€“ Tequila, 100% agave
- Misc. Labeling items â€“ Alcohol by Volume, Net Quantityâ€‹
- The basic steps of traditional tequila production â€“ jima, hydrolysis(cooking), extraction, fermentation, distillation
- Production tools â€“ brick oven, autoclave, tahona, roller mill, diffuser, pot still, column still
- Basic agave facts â€“ maturation time, agave tequilana
- Tequila Service basics: expiry, effect of oxygen, vessel, serving temperature
- The systematic approach to tequila tasting
- Debunking tequila myths: tequila worm, cactus/agave, salt and lime, the darker the better, hangover etc.
- Cristalino, Flavored, Mixto tequilas explained
- Tequila as Mezcal â€“ common roots, similarities, differences