The first thing to know is that our pass rates for LVL1 classes are 99%. If you pay attention, you will most likely pass. Online classes can be a bit more difficult as you don't have the comradierie of a class nor are you guided through the topics and pairing exercises in a face to face with one of our instructors. If you are a student with WEI you can find timed practice exams with scoring in your student portal.
You will have 45 minutes to answer 30 multiple choice questions, this is plenty of time so take time to ensure you read questions completely.
Again, the Level 1 is an introductory class and is not a prerequisite for taking Level 2.
Germany's leading white grape is
- Sauvignon Blanc
Salt in food
- Decreases perception of bitterness and acidity in wine
- Increases bitterness in wine
- Increases perception of bitterness and acidity in wine
- Decreases perception of sweetness and richness in wine
Cava and Prosecco are examples of
- Still wines
- Red wines
- Sparkling wines
- are always made with white grapes
- can be made with red or white grapes
- have fewer calories than red wines
- have the redness removed by sterile bleach
As grapes ripen
1) Sugar levels fall
2) Acid levels fall
3) Grapes swell with water
4) Flavors are muted
- All of the above
- 1, 2, and 3
- 2 and 3
- 2, 3, and 4
Umami in food
- Increases the perception of body, sweetness and fruitiness in wine.
- Decreases the perception of bitterness and acid in wine.
- Decreases the perception of body, sweetness and fruitiness in wine.
- Doesn't really exist.
Sancerre is generally
- Unoaked with high acid and flavors of apple
- Dark, full bodied with cherry flavore and high tannins
- Slightly sweet and sparkling
- well oaked with flavors of butter and pineapple
- eat sugar and produce carbon dioxide and alcohol
- eat alcohol and produce sugar and carbon dioxide
- consume nitrogen and produce alcohol
- are not easily found in nature
- are a fungus that can cure many diseases
Which of these is a white wine with high acidity
Crush - press - ferment describes
- Rose wine production
- Red wine production
- White wine production
- Dessert wine production
LVL 2 Wine Sample Questions & Tips
LVL 2 Spirits Sample Questions
LVL 3 Wine Sample Multiple Choice Questions
LVL3 Wine Short Answer
LVL3 Wine Tasting Tips